Mushy Goo

Like Spaghettios With Meat

9:36 PM

Why ... Because Cancer Sucks. That's Why.

Posted by Danny Bu |


I just got a message from a former co-worker on Facebook. It was two words that shook me to the core. She said "Cancer sucks." That shook me to the core. I don't know the details of her personal story of cancer but all of us have one. In the past few years so many people I know have had to battle this disease:

  • Leslie - passed away from brain Cancer

  • Cheryl & Tammy - passed away from breast cancer

  • Amber - passed away from sinus cancer

  • My dad - battled prostate cancer

  • And now this.

I work for an organization who every day does everything they can to not only find a cure but to help all those who battle every day, with every breath to kepp cancer at bay and continue enjoying the gift of life.

Every year I ask all my friends and family to support the American Cancer Society by making a small donation to continue our lifesaving work and with this difficult economy I debated whether or not to ask again. But when I saw the words "Cancer sucks" I knew that it is worth it to ask.

So skip that latte for one day, bring lunch from home for one day or skip that movie rental.

Please make a donation to Relay For Life by clicking the link below. I know we can't afford to give much but if you can't spare $25 just consider $5 a month for 5 months it goes a long way to helping those with cancer and their loved ones to fight back against this awful disease.

Donate Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe